Pest Control Courses, Licence & Assessment
MPL Training Centre offers pest control courses which include general pest control Licence, termite and timber pest training, Certificate III pest management, pest assessment, fumigation and bed bug management.
As the leading provider of pest control training and assessment, we offer a personalised service to all our students through any combination of Face to Face, Correspondence and Recognition of Prior Learning pathways.
All the courses we offer are aimed at urban pest management and prepare a student to obtain their pest control license in any state of Australia, allowing the student to work as a pest control technician or run his own pest control business. We also hold pest training courses in the Pacific region including Vanuatu, Fiji Islands and Papua New Guinea.
All our courses and units of competence comply with licensing, insurance and (CPD) Continuing Professional Development requirements and within our training framework, we apply environmental and sustainable controls, suitable for all pest managers and weed controllers.
Our qualifications are equivalent to TAFE/OTEN Colleges in all states and territories of Australia. We are recommended by Australian Pest Associations and Pest Management insurance companies.
MPL Training Centre Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) No 91015, fully accredited with the The Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Pest Control Courses
General Pest Management
Our General Pest Management course covers three units from the Certificate III in Pest Management:
- CPPPMT3005 (Unit 5) Manage pests without applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3006 (Unit 6) Manage pests by applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3018 (Unit 18) Maintain equipment and pesticide storage area in pest management vehicles
Completion of this course enables students to gain their State or Territory Pest Technician licence, except for Western Australia where the full Certificate III course is required to be completed.
Termite & Timber Pest accreditation
To achieve Termite & Timber Pest accreditation you will require:
- CPPPMT3008 (Unit 8) Inspect for and report on timber pests
- CPPPMT3010 (Unit 10) Control timber pests
Certificate III in Urban Pest Management
To achieve Certificate III in Urban Pest Management (CPP30115) competency must be demonstrated in:
13 units of competency, which is made up of:
- 9 Core units
- 4 Elective units.
In order to gain your Fumigation qualification and meet licensing requirements you need to complete:
- CPPPMT3011A - Manage organisms by applying fumigants to commodities and environments
To be assessed as competent in a unit you have an option of one of 3 following paths:
- Full Assessment.
- Recognition of Current Competency (RCC).
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Training and Assessment Pathways
- Face to Face (Classroom Training) in Pest Management Licensing & Termite Management
- Correspondence Training and Assessment in all courses
- "Assessment Only" Pathways - Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Recognition of Curent Competence (RCC)
More in depth information about our courses and course enrolment forms can be found by navigating to the relevant sections of our website.
Who Should Apply For Our Courses
- Pest Managers who are new to the industry and have not yet attained their Pest Managers Licence.
- Building Inspectors who want an accreditation in termite and timber pests.
- Carpet Cleaners who want to extend their services to include pest control.
- Sales Persons engaged in the pest management industry.
- Schools who employ a maintenance person who uses pesticides.
- School or TAFE Students who are interested in a career in the pest control industry.
- Local Government employees who are using or instructing the use of pesticides.
- Farmers using pesticides to manage pests.
- Contractors applying pesticides.
- Landscapers and Gardeners who want to offer more services to their customers.
- Anyone that wants to enter into the pest management industry as a new career or a change in their current employment situation.
Our head office is on the Central Coast of NSW in Australia, however we are a national training company. This means that we conduct training anywhere in Australia, such as Sydney Suburbs, Newcastle, Central Coast, Queensland, Victoria and State Regional areas around Australia. MPL Training also conduct training overseas including The Pacific Region such as Vanuatu, Fiji Islands, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.
MPL Training Centre does not use a third party training or assessment company on their behalf, so please contact us directly on 02 4322 0331 for any information you may need.
MPL Training Centre does not provide work placement arrangements.
Students who are new to the industry, the practical assessment will be in a simulated environment at one of our locations.